TheatreCaps - What do our patients think?
'Patients are extremely supportive of name and role theatre caps believing it to be a good idea that will make them feel safe and re-assured during their peri-operative experience.'
This was the conclusion of a survey of 129 patients performed at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK.
To read the full report click on the image below:
These were some of the patients comments:
- 'I think it is a fabulous idea as when the staff introduce themselves you often forget, it’s nice to be able to use people’s names it makes you feel less nervous.'
- 'As an older person who can’t remember names and feels embarrassed about this it would help me and lots like me, thank you.'
- 'A definite yes as you could recognise trained nurses from healthcares porters and anyone else who wears scrubs around the hospital.'
- 'It’s a very good idea.'
- 'A great idea, would make patients feel safe and know who they were talking to.'
- 'Very good idea.'
- 'I think this is a good idea.'
- 'It is easier to see the name on a hat than on a badge as badges are not always visible, a hat is eye level'
- 'Nurses usually introduce themselves when they meet you and have some tags anyway but it wouldn’t do any harm having names on hats and it may stand out more.'
- 'Different colour uniforms are confusing, love this idea!!'
- 'I think that this would be a good idea as you can identify people who are dealing with you and I think that it makes a more reassuring experience for some people who are afraid or procedures.'
- 'I think this is a great idea.'
- 'Very helpful doing a good job thank you.'
- 'Make it easier to relate to who is treating you.'
- 'Makes it easier than looking at badges.'
- 'Help you remember who is looking after you.'
If you're interested in purchasing personalised TheatreCaps for yourself or your team then please do check out our website TheatreCaps.com