Hospital Policy Standards
All of our products comply with national (eg ACORN) and International Policy Standards.
We’ve highlighted policy as indicated by Scarlett McNally (1) - Surgeon and council member of the Royal College of Surgeons UK:
- Each staff member having at least three hats, to allow for laundry rotation
- The name may be first name or surname or both. The role should be stated.
- A new hat should be worn daily, or changed more often if contaminated
- Dirty Theatre Caps should be transported separately from clean Theatre Caps
- The Theatre Caps should be washed at 60C or at 40C and tumble-dried or dried on a washing line in sunlight and iron
At theatrecaps.com we produce the highest quality products at the best possible price.
Through our detailed understanding of policy standards (see below) we work to ensure all of our products comply.
Collaborative statement from ACS, AORN, ASA, APIC, AST and AJC - Feb 2018 (2).
ACORN Standards as relates to reusable theatre caps - review by Dr Rhys Thomas (3).
ACORN Standards as relates to reusable theatre caps - review by Dr Rob Hackett (4).
The Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists actively support the use of reusable hats in their Statement on Environmental Sustainability in Anaesthesia and Pain Medicine Practice – PS64: (5)
All available evidence to date demonstrates no difference in surgical site infection rates when comparing reusable versus disposable theatre hats: